Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Off Topic: Spiderman Movie

  1. #1
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    I just had to post it somewhere. As many of you know I'm a senior production services technician over at Sony Pictures Imageworks. Right now I'm working on the movie "The Tuxedo" that stars Jackie Chan.

    Anyway I was over in the Spiderman room where all their technicians sit. Now usually when I talk to them we always talk about how the movie is going to suck (we do that for most movies). Today however all of the Spiderman special effects people got to see a rough cut of the entire film.

    I hear it rocks. A crazy pace and the soundtrack is still not decided. But they loved the movie all the way though. They fixed up the script so it's much better than the second draft you find on the net (no spoilers from me).

    I'm a big comic book fan so I have to say right now that I'm pretty psyched. Can't wait for May. Or until Sony has their pre-screening of the film for us employees.

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

  2. #2
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    It's funny, I remember hearing about a Spiderman feature back in '89 or so and then a few years later it was going to be directed by James Cameron. Man it's been a long wait for fans. I hope it's worth it. I think we'd all rather wait for a good movie than have a crappy one come out quickly. Anyone see Fantastic Four, or Captain America? A lot of crud came out on the heels of Burton's Batman.

    ------------------
    PRM

  3. #3
    avortex
    Guest avortex's Avatar

    Talking

    How many of you love the 60's Spiderman serie? Don't you think it's the best Marvel cartoon ever made?



    ------------------

  4. #4
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    It was in litigation for a long time. Numerous people and companies had the rights to film development of Spiderman. But that was then. I think that issue ended about two years ago. You can find that type of information online somewhere. That's where I read it.

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

  5. #5
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Usually, I don't go for these types of films, but this one sounds pretty good.
    I'll have to check it out.
    Hey Konton, can you give me contacts to get on there?
    I'm working on my reel, and doing more AfterFX work lately. Should have a reel pretty soon...
    Get me a job there, and I'll never argue with you here! (har har, just kidding!)

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  6. #6
    StopMoWorks
    Guest StopMoWorks's Avatar

    Sam Raimi is the director of Spiderman. He did a whole bunch of Super 8 stuff before going into big time. He got his break with Evil Dead series. I knew someone (Tom Sullivan) who work on ED, and he showed me some of Raimi's Super 8 films and the Super 8, "Within the Woods", which was then reshot in 16mm for the first Evil Dead. Years ago, I visited some of the post effects stuff (in Michigan) for ED2 and briefly met Raimi. I'm surprised to see there are so many sites about Sam Raimi. Here is one: http://www.samraimi.org/

    Raimi of course went off on a tangent producing those Xena & Hercules things (ughhhh), but glad he is in feature films again. Interesting to see how Spiderman will turn out.
    Lionel


    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by StopMoWorks (edited February 01, 2002).]

  7. #7
    Konton
    Guest Konton's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Matt Pacini:
    Hey Konton, can you give me contacts to get on there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Sure, but who do you want to talk to? It all depends on where you want to go here. Ever used Maya 4.0? That's the big program everyone needs to know.

    Sam Rami was just in here yesterday. Wish I had seen him (he was only three doors down). He and I both are from Michigan. I met an actor from Evil Dead two while working for an A/V house in Grand Rapids, MI. He told me that if anything Sam Rami has alot of balls. When he was trying to get the money for Evil Dead two he determined he could make it for $750,000. The first people he pitched the idea to asked how much it would cost. He said flatly "Can't do it for less than 2 million." They said okay and the deal was done.

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

  8. #8
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Konton:
    Sure, but who do you want to talk to? It all depends on where you want to go here. Ever used Maya 4.0? That's the big program everyone needs to know.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Mostly interested in compositing work, at this point. AfterFX.
    I don't know Maya yet, but will definitely work on it.
    Basically, I'm trying to put feelers out, so I can get a gig doing something so I can move back to Southern California.
    Sacramento is the shits as far as the entertainment business goes.
    Lots of great locations, but as far as getting anywhere in the business.... gotta get back down there. (I left in 1993).

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •